新课标人教版英语高三复习Book One Unit Five单元同步训练试题（附详解）
【高考示例1】Look out ! Don’t get too close to the house ______ roof is under repair.(2006重庆)
【答案】whose，whose的先行词既可以是人也可以是物，它在定语从句中做定语，后面要跟名词，相当于of whom /which.
【高考示例2】 The place _______ the bridge is supposed to be built should be________the cross-river traffic is the heaviest.（2005江苏，32）
【答案】at which=where; where. 表示小地点用at,后加表示物的关系代词which;第二空为where引导的表语从句。
【高考示例3】I walked in our garden, _______ Tom and Jim were tying a big sign onto one of the trees.(2005辽宁，28）
【答案】where, 非限制性定语从句中先行词our garden作地点状语。
【高考示例4】Her sister has become a lawyer, _____she wanted to be.(2005湖北，29）
【答案】which, 非限制性定语从句中，先行词a lawyer作表语。
【高考示例5】I saw a woman running toward me in the dark. Before I could recognise who she was , she had run back in the direction ________________ she had come.( 2006重庆)
【答案】from which, 此题的关键在于判断使用什么介词,当然句子意思理解也很重要，come from ...direction,从某个方向来，介词用from。
【典型例题1】I can never forget the day _____ we worked together and the day ____ we spent together.
【答案】when; which，第一空引导定语从句并在定语从句中充当时间状语；第二空引导定语从句并在定语从句中充当spent 的宾语。
【典型例题2】This is just the place ____ I am longing to visit these years.
【答案】that , 引导定语从句并在定语从句中充当visit 的宾语。
【典型例题1】The gentleman ____ you told me yesterday proved to be a thief .
【答案】about whom， tell sb about sb/sth 告诉某人有关某人/某事。
【典型例题变型2】 Because of the traffic jam ____ I was caught , I was late for the meeting.
【答案】in which， be caught in sth 陷入，处于.......。
【高考示例3】The book was written in 1946, ______ the education system has witnesses great changes.（2007山东）
【答案】since when，句子前后两部分缺乏连接词，所以后半部分应属于定语从句。定语从句的现在完成时表明状语应用since when，此时when是关系代词，代替1946。
【高考示例4】We’re just trying to reach a point ______ both sides will sit down together and talk.（2007山东）
【答案】where，本句中先行词a point= a stage in sth's development 表发展的阶段，地步，为抽象地点，故选关系副词where 引导定语从句。
【高考示例5】I can think of many cases, ______ students obviously knew a lot of English words and expreesions but couldn’t write a good essay. （2003上海）
【高考示例6】 We will be shown around the city: schools, museums, and some other places, ______ other visitors seldom go. （2002北京）
【答案】where，关键词 go vi.
【高考示例7】The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months, _____ the sailing time was 226 days. （2004广西）
【答案】of which，关键为介词的先用：226 days of the nine months。
【高考示例8】I work in a business ________ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance. （2004湖南）
【典型例题1】Chan’s restaurant on Baker Street, ______ used to be poorly run, is now a successful business.（2007浙江）
【典型例题2】___________is known, the earth is round.
【答案】 As， as 引导的非限制性定语从句。“正如......所知”。此句= It is known that the earth is round.
【高考示例3】His movie won several awards at the film festival, ______ was beyond his wildest dream.（2007上海）
【高考示例4】 The beatles, ______ many of you are old enough to remember, came from Liverpool. （2006天津）
【答案】as。本题考查as引导的非限制性定语从句，as 指代The beatles came from Liverpool. as有“正如，正像”之意。
【典型例题】They came up with that bill, ____ they say, woukd lead to a drop in the number of fresh college students unable to afford education.
【答案】which，they say, 插入语， which 在定语从句中充当主语。
【典型例题】The film brought the hour back to me _____ I was taken care of in that far away village.
【答案】when，先行词是the hour , 定语从句是 when I was taken care of in that far away village. When 引导定语从句并充当定语从句中的时间状语。
1. In an hour, we can travel to places _____ would have taken our ancestors days to reach.(2006上海)
【答案】which=that, 作reach 的宾语。
2. We are just trying to reach a piont ____ both sides will sit down together and tlk.(2006山东)
3. Some pre-school children go to a day care center, __________they learn simple games and songs.（2007全国）
4. The village has developed a lot we learned farming two years ago.（2007福建）
5. After gradutation she reached a point in her career she needed to decide what to do.（2007江西）
【答案】where，where 引导的定语从句, 先行词是a point in his career, 表示“ 在人生的这个转折点”。
6. Today, we’ll discuss a number of cases beginners of English fail to use the language properly.（2007陕西）
【答案】where，where引导的定语从句,关键是理解句子的意思.意思是: 我们今天将讨论一些情况, 在这些情况(case)下, 初学英语的人做不到合理得使用语言。
7. We shouldn’t spent our money testing so many people,most of _____are healthy.（2007北京）
8. Chan’s restaurant on Baker Street, ______ used to be poorly run, is now a successful business.(2007浙江，14）
【答案】which， 先行词Chan’s restaurant在非限制性定语从句中作主语。
9. Last week, only two people came to look at the house, _______ wanted to buy it.(2007安徽，34）
【答案】neither of whom, 两者任何一个都不用neither; 此为非限制性定语从句，所以of后用whom。
10. Many people who had seen the film were afraid to go to the forest when they remembered the scenes _____ people were eaten by the tiger.
【答案】in which， 由介词 + 关系代词引导的定语从句。特别是要关注定语从句中的“关系代词”的用法。
1.John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work ________（finish）, he gladly accepted it.
【答案】 finished, with+n+复合结构 工作当然是被完成，所以说with his work finished。
2. Reading is an experience quite different from watching TV; there are pictures __________ (form) in your mind instead of before your eyes.
【答案】 forming， there are pictures forming in your mind ...,有图画在你心目中形成。
3. We hadn’t planned to meet. We met ________ chance.
【答案】by，by chance 偶然地，偶尔地。
4. The computer system _________ （break）down suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet.
【答案】 broke down，break down 出故障，坏掉，垮掉。
5.__________ production up 60% , the company has had another excellent year.
【答案】 With，with + 名词+副词构成 with 的复合结构, 作原因状语。
6. Some people choose jobs for other reasons __________ (除了)money these days.
7. How can you expect to learn anything _________ you never listen?
【答案】 when / if ，when在此意思是“既然” since ,“既然你从来不听，又怎能期望你学到东西呢？”。
8. A fast food restaurant is the place _____________ just as the name suggests, eating is performed quickly.
【答案】 where, 引导的定语从句，并在定语从句中充当地点状语。just as the name suggests ，插入语，将定语从句where eating is performed quickly 与其先行词the place 隔开了。
9. Women ________ drink more than two cups of coffee a day have a greater chance of having heart disease than those ______________ don’t.
【答案】 who / that ; who, who 引导的定语从句，在两个定语从句中都是充当主语。意思是: “一天喝两杯以上咖啡的女性比喝不到两杯的女性得心脏病的机率更高。”
10. Those successful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity ____________ sight matters more than hearing.
【答案】where=in which, 引导的定语从句,意思是: 在舞蹈活动中,视觉比听觉重要得多。
Like most July days, it was hot. I stepped into a tiny ice-cream shop to cool off with a chocolate ice-cream. It was a very __11__ store with little round tables and chairs.
As I entered, I found a very old woman bent over a table near the door. Her __12__ was so badly bent by some sadness that her face nearly __13__ the table top. I sat down facing her a couple of tables away.
"Poor woman," I thought. "What does she get out of life? Why does God let people live so long past their youth?"
As I thought, another __14__ lady entered the shop and sat down with her. Soon the two of them were talking about childhood days. They talked of how little the shop had __15__ in 70 years. In minutes,the two of them were shaking with laughter.
I looked again at the first woman, then in the __16__ on a nearby wall, catching a picture of myself. I was wearing a dirty shirt. She was well dressed in white, her hands shining with gold rings. I was __17__. She was laughing, smiling. I was putting the pieces of my life together. She had millions of __18__ memories to recall. I sat alone. She was__19___ the day with a good friend. I was __20__ worried about getting old. She was old, but it wasn't hurting her.
As I left the shop, I thought of my foolish question about God letting people live past their youth. Why was that woman more alive, more sensitive (敏感的) to life, than I was? Age has not bent her spirit.
11. A. old B. modern C. pretty D. ugly
12. A. head B. chest C. neck D. back
13. A. connected B. touched C. hit D. joined
14. A. young B. beautiful C. aged D. middle-aged
15. A. changed B. become C. increased D. reduced
16. A. newspaper B. window C. mirror D. TV
17. A. happy B. surprised C. poor D. sad
18. A. unhappy B. old C. wonderful D. fresh
19. A. sharing B. spending C. killing D. sparing
20. A. really B. mostly C. publicly D. secretly
11. A 根据第四段中两位老人的对话“……in 70 years”可知这个冰激凌店已经非常古老，故用old修饰。
12. D 指老人的“背（back）”严重弯曲，而不是head头，chest胸膛或者neck脖子弯曲。
13. B 由语境知，老人的背严重弯曲使得她的脸几乎碰撞到桌子上部。hit（碰撞）的含义最为贴切，最符合语境。比较其它选项：connected连接；touched接触；joined连接，加入。
14. C 前面已经介绍了一个老人，这里用的是another，所以可以推出是一位老人。同时由后文Soon the two of them were talking about childhood days可知，又是一位老人aged lady。
15. A 指这家冰激凌店70年来几乎没什么变化（changed）其它的都不符合文意。
16. C 由后句可知，“我”看到了“我”自己，所以选mirror镜子。
17. D 由语境知，从镜子中“我”将自己与第一位老人作对比；再结合后面的She was laughing, smiling可以推出“我”的心情是与之相反的，所以是sad。
18. C 根据对比，“我”的生活经历零散，她却拥有很多“奇妙的（wonderful）”回忆。
19. A 从前句知，“我”孤单地坐着，她却和好友在一起。表示与人同享美妙的事物，用share最贴切，所以此处选A sharing；比较其它选项：spending花费，消耗，度过，没有share语意丰富；killing，sparing与文意不相关。
20. D 结合语境，“我”内心里不希望自己变老，她已经老了，但老并没有伤害到她。secretly秘密地，暗地里，最能贴切地表达“我”的心理。
A couple from Miami, Bill and Simone Butler, spent sixty-six days in a life-raft(救生艇) in the seas of Central America after their boat sank.
Twenty-one days after they left Panama in their boat, Simony, they met some whales(鲸鱼). “They started to hit the side of the boat,” said Bill, “and then suddenly we heard water.” Two minutes later, the boat was sinking. They jumped into the life-raft and watched the boat go under the water.
For twenty days they had tins of food, biscuits, and bottles of water. They also had a fishing-line and a machine to make salt water into drinking water — two things which saved their lives. They caught eight to ten fish a day and ate them raw(生的). Then the line broke. “So we had no more fish until something very strange happened. Some sharks(鲨鱼) came to feed, and the fish under the raft were afraid and came to the surface. I caught them with my hands.”
About twenty ships passed them, but no one saw them. After fifty days at sea their life-raft was beginning to break up. Then suddenly it was all over. A fishing boat saw them and picked them up. They couldn’t stand up. So the captain carried them onto his boat and took them to Costa Rica. Their two months at sea was over.
21. Bill and Simone were traveling _______ when they met some whales.
A. in a life-raft B. in Miami C. in Simony D. in Panama
22. The whales hit the side of the boat, and then _______.
A. they brought in a lot of water
B. they broke the side of the boat
C. they pulled the boat
D. they went under the water
23. After their boat sank, the couple _______.
A. jumped into the life-raft
B. heard water
C. watched the boat go under water
D. stayed in the life-raft
24. During their days at sea, _______ saved their lives.
A. tins of food and bottles of water
B. a fishing-line and a machine
C. whales and sharks
D. Twenty passing ships
25. When they saw the fishing boat which later picked them up, _______.
A. they were too excited to stand up
B. they couldn’t wait to climb onto the boat
C. their life-raft was beginning to break up
D. they knew their two months at sea would be over
21. C。在第二自然段的第1句就告诉我们they left Panama, Simony, they met some whales 说他们是在Simony 旅游时遇见Whales.
22. B。我们从第二自然段得知They started to hit the side of the boat,也就是说是the whales broke the side of the boat。
23. D。在他们的船沉没之后，the couple是一直待在船上直至获救的，而不是一直都在jumped into the life-raft。
24. B。根据第3段的第2句They also had a fishing-line and a machine to make salt water into drinking water-two things which saved their lives可知：a fishing-line 和 a machine救了他们的命。
25. D。由最后一段After fifty days at sea...我们知道：the couple是太虚弱所以不能站起来，是由船长carried them onto his boat, 而救生艇早在出事后的50天就坏掉了，而不是获救当天坏的，所以A、B、C都可以排除，D项为正确选项。
About a decade ago, some publishers were predicting that books would soon be a thing of the past, and that we would all be reading downloadable texts on portable hand-held screens, either on an MP3, an ipad or a mobile phone screen.
Wishful thinking, it turns out. The book is still with us, while the various book-replacement devices have mostly been dumped on the recycling heap. They were too hard to read, people complained, and also too heavy, using so much battery power that they quickly grew hot in the hand. When it comes to reading in bed, e-book and the traditional book work equally poorly. And when you are reading along an e-book, it’s hard to know exactly where you are in a book. And you can’t skim or flip through easily, nor can you search or make notes. The whole experience is a little like floating through cyberspace.
By far the best things about the e-book are its capacity -- it can hold about 80 books or more if you use a memory card--and portability. You can cram yours with both recreational reading and stuff for work, and it all fits in your pocket.
Despite its popularity and development, E-books, surprisingly has not replaced traditional books because they lack the convenience and experience that readers can enjoy when reading paper books although their capacity is astonishing.
Though e-book has not completely replace traditional books, yet it is extremely popular among teenagers with me as an exception. I am still fond of paper book for rich reasons. On one hand, e-book, to a large degree, will distract me from my studies because I would often read downloaded novels or just surf on the Internet to read with my advanced mobile phone in class. On the other hand, when reading e-books, I seem to read just for the sake of skimming through the electronic screen and getting information, without communication with the writer, not to mention the joy to see a delicately designed book. In the long run, my interest in reading will disappear and do not want to read at all.
Though I adore traditional reading, there are still possibilities that e-book will gradually replace traditional book. E-reading these days is extremely popular among children, a generation accustomed to fast-culture and fashion and new technology. And they will decide the future reading habit. What’s more, with scientific and technological breakthrough, e-book will be more convenient and comfortable for people to use. What distinguish it most is that e-book is environment-friendly. Paperless e-book will save our natural resource and protect our disappearing forests.④ So one day our reading will become e-reading.